How You Can Help SOS
- Foster! Foster homes are the most important component of any rescue organization. It is in these homes that rescue beagles are often given their first experience of love, trust, patience and understanding. For more information on fostering, see the sidebar on the right or email us.
- Adopt! Help spread the word about rescue dogs, and actually DO something about it. Don't buy that cute puppy you saw in the petstore - it's from a puppymill. There are so many unwanted pets who, through no fault of their own, need a home. Can you provide one to them? Learn how you can adopt a beagle.
- Sponsor! Sponsor a specific dog in our rescue and help provide the funds to pay for spay/neuter, vaccinations, etc.
- Volunteer! We are an all volunteer organization, and can only save beagles when people step up to help us do so. Maybe you'd love to make reference calls for us! Or maybe you like to drive and have some free time to transport beagles from shelters to foster homes. Maybe you'd consider being a foster home by opening your home to provide a temporary, loving environment for a shelter dog waiting to find his forever home. There are so many ways we could use your help. Please contact us if you'd like to learn more.
Donate Funds! We are a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) charity, so your donations are tax deductible and your company can "match" your gift if it participates in such a program.
View Companies that Match Employee Donations
Please use the button below to make a general donation to support our work
View the Dorothy Schuda Memorial Page
Please use the button below to make a memorial donation or for our emergency fund
View the SOS Beagles In Memory Page
- If you make a memorial donation, please Email Us to tell us in whose honor or memory you are donating, and to whom an acknowlegement should be made.
- Please use the button below to make a general donation to support our work
- Donate Supplies! Donations of usable supplies including crates, new leashes, collars, etc. are also welcome. Please contact us if you have supplies to donate.
- Donate a Kuranda Dog Bed! We use Patented Kuranda Dog Beds because they are durable, chew proof and easy to clean. (We have plenty of beds but could use some fleece pads.)
Who are the people who open their homes to foster a beagle? It's someone like you! Someone who has a little extra room and love to provide a temporary (as short as a few days, to as long as a few months) home to a beagle in need. To learn more about our foster program, please see our pamphlet.
Can fostering be difficult? At times it can be. What you have to recognize and keep in mind is why you do it - to save the life of a beagle. Fostering is almost guaranteed to be one of the most rewarding experiences you will ever have.